Here are the lessons:
Lesson 1: Types of Government
Lesson 2: Sovereignty
Lesson 3: Authority
Lesson 4: Law
1. There are more types of government than civil government.
2. There are five aspects of all forms of government: sovereignty, authority, law, sanctions, continuity.
3. The key idea of government is legitimacy. This is connected to sovereignty. Source?
4. Government may have come into existence through violence (“the bully”).
5. Men need legitimate institutions to appeal to in order to resist the State.
6. The source of law is the god of a society.
Write 250 words on this topic: “Is the Family a Legitimate Form of Government?” Defend your position.
At the end of my course, please produce a final page on your blog for the entire course. Put a link to each of the weekly essays.
Here is a model: https://jadaalc.wordpress.com/economics/
This way, your parents can prove that you have done the work. This will persuade any local school officials who inquire. Students enrolled in the public schools have done nothing like this.
Note: if you supply final links for each course, college entrance committees will see what you can do. Few applicants will be able to match this.